We are Baden's Monthly Newsletter,
serving Wilmot Township
Our Mission is: "Keeping the Community Connected"
As Baden began a significant growth spurt, we were inspired to give our growing town a voice. The Baden Outlook came to life in August 2000, just in time to celebrate the 150th Anniversary of Wilmot Township.
We are fortunate in many ways, one of them being that we are not alone with our project. We have the support of some terrific writers and proofreaders who dedicate their time to us monthly...we couldn't manage without them.
In addition, The Baden Outlook is completely funded by advertisers and is available free to all at no charge - enjoy! Due to space restrictions we only accept advertising from within Wilmot Township, and to honour these small local businesses that are loyal to us. Again, we couldn't manage without them. The paper is published monthly and printed from our home (except for July, when no paper is published).
As the years have passed, the population of Baden has continued to grow, and so has The Outlook. The first publication began with 14 pages, and with 625 copies printed and delivered by foot, but soon after had them delivered by mail to every home in Baden until the postal strike. By September 2009, the number of pages had doubled to 28, with 2600 copies published, and currently (November 2016), 3000 40-page copies are circulated - The Outlook is distributed to over 80 "pick-up" locations throughout Wilmot Township.
"Let us be your voice!" - We support the following local organizations.
- Baden Community Association
- Baden Corn Festival
- Baden Firefighters
- Baden Minor Softball
- Baden Public School
- Baden & District Chamber of Commerce
- Baden Optimist Club / Wilmot Optimist Club
- Canadian Blood Services
- Canadian Cancer Society
- Castle Kilbride
- Creative Beginnings Daycare
- Cruizin' at the Pond Car Show
- Hidden Acres Camp
- Interfaith Community Counselling
- New Hamburg Firebirds Hockey Team
- New Hamburg Lions Club
- Sir Adam Beck School
- The Community Players of New Hamburg
- Waterloo Oxford District Secondary School
- Wilmot Aces Swim Team
- Wilmot Family Resource Centre
- Wilmot Heritage Fire Brigade
- Wilmot Heritage Society
- Wilmot Horticultural Society
- Wilmot Guides and Scouting
- Wilmot Senior's Woodworking
- YAC (Wilmot's Youth Action Council)
And many more non-profit associations within Wilmot Township